CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Memorial Day Activities

Photobucket


We lucked out and Ian didn't have to work all of Memorial Day Weekend! Rare for the Navy, especially the Tucson. So we went to First Landing State Park. Sounds nice right? Here's what I pictured...open fields, close to the ocean, Plymouth Rock. What I got?? Was something else, WOODS, tons of trees, a tiny play structure. So we enjoyed our picnic lunch, let the kids (my friend and her two kids came with us) and set off on the many hiking trails available. Well....I wouldn't go as far as saying they were "trails" more like paths in the woods with no specific direction. We went along for a bit, the kids had fun hugging treeds and running around. Then we discovered the real trails. More like paved paths in the woods. Then it got hot and humid (it is Virginia afterall) and headed home. Not at all what I pictured for the place where Virginia was suppose to be settled. If I was disappointed I can only imagine what the first settlers thought....this is it?? Holy crap I'm going back on the boat. Forget this place.

Photobucket

0 comments: